Monday, May 5, 2008

I LOVE reading...and not only on 2peas :)


My first thought when I finally finished my degree a month ago was how I finally was going to have time to read...and for FUN! Not textbooks, or journal articles, but actual novels. I used to be an avid reader, but unfortunately school work always gets in the way. Since I finished school a month ago, I have been reading up a storm! My favorite book that I have read lately is "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. I highly recommend it! This is a boring photo, but I wanted to blog about things that were everyday life too, and reading these days has been a big part...so here is a stack of books I have either read or are on my reading list. Off to work now....have a good night!

21 comments:

Chell said...

Oh man I miss readign for fun, another year and I might have time to do it again. congrats..

Sara said...

I remember the feeling of excitement of picking out a book to read for fun for the first time after completing my degree too!
welcome back to the world of "free time".

lcp said...

I miss reading! I just can't do it now...too much going on and once I start a book I literally can't put it down. That gets me into big trouble esp when I'm not paying close attention to my kiddos!

For Over 29 Years... said...

I also love to read! Sister keeper is a great one!

pat said...

Love to see what other people read! I always have a couple of books going.

selena said...

I love to read too! I don't have as much time with 2 kids but I try to read a little every night!

Tricia said...

Great shot, I love to read but seems lately cosmo is the only thing I have time to read.

--sme said...

Congrats on your degree...and on having the time to ENJOY a book again! :)

Angie Moses said...

I just finished nursing school in Dec....welcome to having reading time again! I don't miss and the technical reading either!

Debbi said...

I can't wait for summer vacation to start so I can tackle my stack of books! Some of these are on my list!

Reds said...

Love reading too!! I have little piles of books that are waiting...

Michelle said...

i love a good book! i can't wait for summer so i can lay on the back porch and read the day away. i'll have to check out that book.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I love reading to. The Glass Castle there in your stack is a good read. Have fun catching up on your reading.

Mom2Drew said...

I wish i read more. Sad thing is my DH works for a publisher and we get TONS of books in every month. Maybe that'll be my New Year's resolution for 09?

Mandy said...

Tolstoy?! A little light reading, huh? Hahaha. Great books though. I love to read as well.

summerbl4ck said...

i haven't been reading as much as i'd like. i read pillars when i was a college student in europe. very interesting read in that context...

Angela2932 said...

So many books, so little time! It's the one worrisome aspect of my new interest in photography--less reading time. Happy reading!

Tori said...

what an interesting stack of books! i really enjoyed the jodi picoult book.... I've got pillars of the earth on my "to read eventually" list!

Becky said...

I don't think this is a boring shot at all; I love shots like these. They tell a lot about a person. I love reading too. Can't go a day without some time with a good book. I've read a couple in your stack--not the Tolstoy, though. That's too hard ;-D

Tera Fraley said...

how cool, have to check some of those out! I love reading!!

Sharon said...

I love reading too! I just realized I could have used my favorite authors as important women in my life. ;)