Saturday, May 3, 2008

Gotta LOVE spring! (on theme too!)

I have always loved summer, but over the last few years I have developed a love for spring. The flowers springing up gives me such a sense of new beginning and new life. Spring and summer are definitely my favorite seasons. I don't even mind all the rain we get here in the pacific northwest as I know along with rain comes beautiful greenery and flowers. After work today I snapped a few outside just before the sun was going down. Pat and Tera have inspired me in their water drop photos. I stumbled across some lily leaves that had water drops already there, imagine that! I don't have a macro lens, but I sure do NEED one (along with a bunch of other things). I took both of these shots with a close up lens on my 50mm. The second shot is of a clematis bud, I absolutely love clematis' and was so excited the other day when I saw all the buds!! Both are color boosed with ISO 200 SS 1/125 on the bud and 1/45 on the water drop F/2.8. Any cc always welcome!

11 comments:

Chell said...

Very pretty pictures. Love the waterdrop..

Amy said...

These are both gorgeous! So pretty!

Sharon said...

Beautiful macros.

pat said...

Trina, these are really nice, no macro lens or not! Nice job with the water drops in the daylily leaf/blade; I love the way they lined up in the crease. Your clematis bud is beautiful and soft, and that white background is very effective.

Tera Fraley said...

Great shots! I love your waterdop and the buds are perfect!

Jess said...

Wow, these are great. The water drops look like an exclamation point! Love the pink of the clematis... and the texture of the petals. :)

Cindi Koceich said...

I love the lines in the first shot and the simplicity in the second shot!! These are great!!

Katie said...

cool!

amazing grace said...

these are great trina!!! the waterdrop is so fun!

Becky said...

I love the composition of both of these. I think you did a great job without a macro lens, but I'll still encourage you to get one because I LOVE mine.

Joanne Fowler said...

Beautiful! And love the cat from the previous post!!!