Wednesday, April 30, 2008

a day at the park





I cannot believe I did not know this local park was so beautiful! Katie and I went to a local park to scope out photography sites, and man did I ever hit the jackpot! I was looking for a good place to take pictures of wildlife and then in the future of children. The park is acres and acres of trails, ponds and open fields (which looked like a great place to take pics of kids in). Katie and I went for a walk through trails and found some male ducks hanging out in the pond (not sure where the ladies were, probably cleaning their homes! :) I will be sure to visit the park again and again as it is only 15 minutes from my house!! Here are a few from the park. All color boosted, sharpened and resized for the web. tfl!

17 comments:

Kristina said...

These are ROCKIN' photos! Oh my word, that turtle is awesome, I really like both, and the three ducks are just so cool. Amazing job on these!

Tricia said...

I LOVE your photos. Turtles are my favorite. I collect glass, marble, and stone turtles. Oh and I can't forget all the cute plastic ones my girls get me. ;D

Jess said...

These are AWESOME! The colors are SO vivid, I love them ALL! WOW!

Cindi Koceich said...

Those are all really great!! The third one is my favorite. I love how the ducks are all going different directions!!

Nina said...

beautiful pictures! i love turtles! i love the first one :)

Anonymous said...

Wow these are gorgeous!!! I love the last duck. The green is so pretty.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Awesome. Love the color and DOF in the first two.

Reds said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colours!!

pat said...

Oh, what a fun place! How lucky to have it so close!! Great turtle shots, and those ducks are really fun.

Mandy said...

WOW....I just love the turtle shots. I cannot tell you how fun these are. Really awesome.

Mandy

Becky said...

I love wildlife photos! The colors here are fantastic, and I especially love the composition of your first turtle photo!

me said...

Amazing DOF. PERFECT color and FOCUS

Melissa said...

Love the rich colors! And your header is adorable! I thought about adding my new pup to mine.

LuckyMommy's Photography Blog said...

Wow! These are beautiful! I LOVE the second one, with the reflection in the water, the turtle is so clear he looks like I could pet him! What an awesome place to find!!!

Angela2932 said...

These are incredible! I love your pp'ing on them, and the level of detail, color you were able to capture. The 2nd turtle is my favorite, with the awesome reflection.

Debbi said...

Love the second shot of the turtle - reflection of the rushes and the turtle are terrific!

Joanne Fowler said...

These are AWESOME!!! I absolutely LOVE the second one! Great color and composition on all of these!