Sunday, April 6, 2008

My play with macro's




I was inspired by a member of 2 peas (sorry can't remember the name) and thought I would try and see what I could do with my close-up lenses and a few gerbera's. I was surprised I was able to get an alright reflection in the water drop as I don't have a true macro lens. I just loved the bright pink of the gerbera's against the black backdrop and the green stem. I think I might just NEED a macro lens now! I am so excited I actually have the time to take some photo's, now only if the weather would cooperate and I could get outside! I am addicted to RAW now, and don't think I will ever shoot in jpeg again!


TFL!

CC always appreciated.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last shot and i have to agree with you...I was so afraid of RAW...have been doing it now since Christmas and won't go back to jpeg!!!
Cari

Jason said...

great shots! I agree with you on the RAW shooting. I NEVER shoot in JPEG anymore. Those Peas are awesome at encouraging people to try and learn new things. Thanks Peas!

TFS and awesome job!

pat said...

Trina, these are so fun! I love the angle on the 3rd shot, and the 2nd shot with the water drop on the petal is wonderful--great focus and comp. Look out--waterdrops can be addictive!

Cindi Koceich said...

These are great and look like they were shot with a macro lens! Love the color!!

Amy said...

These are so pretty, my favorite is the last one! Macro is a lot of fun! I've never shot RAW, that's something I'll have to try this year.

Debbi said...

Love your macro shots - terrific color!

For Over 29 Years... said...

wow, so cool! I'm also loving these macro shots. ugh, but I have to get a new camera first.

Becky said...

Great job! I'll enable you--everyone should have a macro lens! It's my favorite.

Anonymous said...

you did GREAT!
i love raw, but it just seems like so much more work!!! and it's sometimes too much for me! i go back and forth!
tara

Suzy said...

Oh my gosh!! WOW!!! These are gorgeous!!