Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Playing with DOF

  1. 1/125 F22 ISO800 with flash 1/125 F19 ISO 800 with flash


    1/125 F11 ISO 800 with flash


    It has been so cloudy and rainy outside here lately, not very good weather to get out there and do some photography, so I had to get inventive in the house. I am determined to at least try and post a picture a day, not sure how long I will be able to keep it up. I decided today to play with DOF and aperture with a row of my oils. I have a slight obsession with burning oils from Body Shop and this shot captures how many I have. I will post a few to demonstrate different Aperture setttins.


11 comments:

Kristi said...

Cool shots! There's really a lot of interest to them!

Debbi said...

What kind of background did you use for the photo? Love the black contrast of the background and bottles. Really cool picture!

Tera Fraley said...

Neat!! I love all the bottles, too cool!

April Michelle said...

Nice job, I need to work on getting the whole Depth of Field thing, you did great. I'll have to try it like this too.

Yvonne said...

Love your debt of field! Especially with the 3 photos side by side! Nice contrast too!!

The Rawls said...

I'm on TwoPeas and clicked on your link in your siggy. Neat pics! I also had to say that Katie is adorable! I also have a mini dachshund, Luke, who is my four legged, furry child! Aren't they the greatest! I look forward to seeing your shots this year!

Trina said...

Thanks for the comments! Debbi to answer your q the oils were on my black granite countertop.

Debby said...

Great way to experiment with DOF.

Leslie Morgan said...

Love how your experiment turned out!!!

Anonymous said...

I really love your perspective. That is awesome.

Danielle said...

I like the idea you had DOF I have been toying with that to figure it. Thanks for sharing,