Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dawn at White Rock Beach





Finally I got the chance to head to our local White Rock Beach after work at dawn and practice taking some shots. It was freezing cold and I certainly wasn't dressed for the weather! One thing I learned is that the only people at the beach at 8 am on a Sunday morning are joggers and photographers! It was a perfect morning without rain! Here are a few shots I captured...still in need of a ton of practice, any CC is more than welcomed!

15 comments:

April said...

wow..those are amazing shots..you did a great job on those.

Becky said...

I like the color in the first one and the composition of the second one.

Margaret said...

I love second one of that bird on the fence. Nice job.

Val said...

Pretty!

Amy said...

The sharpness of the bird in the second one is so nice, especially with the DOF. I also really like the blue color of the first one, it gives it a lot of mood.

amazing grace said...

i really like the compostion of the 2nd and the contrast in the 3rd

i'm impressed you were up at dawn...!!! :)

Sharon said...

I LOVE the white rock, very cool.

Jess said...

Beautiful shots! They all have such a calm feeling about them. :c)

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful I can actually feel an early chilly morning while looking at these...wonderful job!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

The seagull shot is great! These remind me of "home" as my family live near water. To me, they appear a bit dark, but at the same time...it does help to enhance the mood, so I'm not sure I would lighten too much.

Tori said...

nice! I don't think I would be able to get up that early !

Krista P said...

Absolutely breathtaking.

April Michelle said...

these are nice shots - great job

Tera Fraley said...

Wow, great beach shots! Love the details and the skys coloring.

Trina said...

Thanks for all the comments! I thought they were a bit dark too, I may play around some in photoshop, see how it looks to lighten them a bit. I was up so early because I worked night shift (so in fact I was up all night!). I drove to the beach after work. I am still very new at this, so I appreciate all your kind words!